Ingredients
-4 pears (any kind)
- 6 Granny Smith apples
-1 teaspoon grated orange zest
-1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Topping
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
-2 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel, core, and cut the pears and apples into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and add the zests, juices, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix. Pour into a 9x12x2 inch baking dish.
For the topping:
Combine flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in a bowl. Cut into mixture with 2 butter knives until mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
Place the baking dish on a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This dessert is sooo delicious. I made it twice now and the only problem I had was the top not browning completely. However, my oven may cook unevenly so it may not be a problem for you. The longest part to do is coring, peeling and dicing the fruit. Otherwise, it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Perfect for family get togethers or small parties. Makes a lot.
6 comments:
MMMMMMMMMMMMM...looks and sounds good! :)
I am SO glad you are blogging again!!!!! :)
Hey, do I have this recipe already? You missed the great cookies I made today. Yeah, I baked. So much easier when you bake one batch instead of 10 at one time. Mom
No, you don't have the recipe. I got it online.
so excited. i was looking for a cobbler recipe the other day! yeah!
thanks for sharing.
This is sooo good.. I think I ate half of it the last time you made it. :)
looks and sounds great , I'll have to give it a try
Post a Comment